[ubuntu-za] Info slips & Striata on Ubuntu Mini-How.

Trevor Hughes linux at thewildfig.co.za
Fri Nov 20 05:08:31 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Nic Roets <nroets at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some banks and employers use closed source systems to distribute statements
> and pay slips. Here are some pointers to install viewers for the most
> popular ones on Karmic :

Regarding the striata system and Standard Bank.....

What does it actually do as one does not need a password to open the
file so what protection does this really offer. i have requested to
receive my statements in the clear but they refuse. I can appreciate
it is like a digital signature and thats all it seems to be. And it
just adds an extra layer of complexity to the whole thing which I wold
prefer to do with out,

trev