[ubuntu-za] Transition crisis for users of Microsoft Word

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Thu Nov 19 19:19:57 GMT 2009

Robin Bownes wrote:

> I must admit that I've recently had a rather nasty problem of setting
> up a presentation in OpenOffice and exporting it to PowerPoint, since
> the location for the presentation didn't allow me to use my own notebook.
> Spacing, animations, timings, and even some of the inserted graphics
> disappeared - fairly disastrous to the point that the presentation had to
> be postponed and I now have to remake the presentation in PowerPoint so as
> to ensure that I don't have the same problems again.

My first thought is, if they are going to force you to use a different
computer, why can't they install the free package that displays your
presentation correctly?

That said, I HATE powerpoint, and only use the most basic functions
anyway.  All the flash in the world does not make up for a lack of
content.  Too bad marketing people don't get this...

			Lee