[ubuntu-za] Karmic Vodacom K3565-Z

Chris Schoonbee cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za
Thu Nov 12 13:03:52 GMT 2009

Mark Stockton wrote:
> Has anyone else had issues recognising the Vodacom 3G K3564-Z device after
> upgrading to Karmic. If so can you please give me a hint on resolving this
> issue. Tailing the /var/log/syslog shows the following:
>
> snipped...
>
> Where as in Jaunty the device was detected as a modem as well as usb storage.

Was it just plug-n-play in Jaunty or did you have to do anything extra
to get it working?

(I never could not get plug-n-play right with my K3565-Z in Jaunty so I
stuck with my Huawei E220, which worked out-of-the-box,  hoping that
support would be added for the K3565-Z by the time that Karmic came out
but no such luck.)

Chris