[ubuntu-za] Karmic Vodacom K3565-Z

Gary Alexander garyalex at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:52:47 GMT 2009

2009/11/12 Mark Stockton <mark at linuxworx.co.za>:
> Has anyone else had issues recognising the Vodacom 3G K3564-Z device after
> upgrading to Karmic. If so can you please give me a hint on resolving this
> issue.

Hi Mark

I had to install the following packages to get this to work (both on
Jaunty and Karmic)
ozerocdoff_0.4-2_i386.deb
usb-modeswitch_0.9.7_i386.deb
vodafone-mobile-connect_2.15.01-1_all.deb

These packages I got off the betavine website
(http://www.betavine.net/bvportal/resources/datacards/os/ubuntu)

Though usb-modeswitch updated automagically when I updated to Karmic
... you might want to try installing just that package with apt-get
and see if that works....

I haven't had to use the vodafone app to connect, Network Manager
picks up the modem after I install these packages and reboot, but your
mileage may differ ... :)