[ubuntu-za] Karmic Happiness

David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Mon Nov 9 08:16:18 GMT 2009

Hello everybody,

Just a note to say I have installed Karmic (a complete new installation)
after holding back upgrading Hardy to Ibex and Jackalope, because of
problems with upgrading the whole system over the net and I am very
happy. It's an impressive improvement to experience Gnome2 and the whole
OS is definitely maturing. Speed is wonderful.

Grub2 is still in its infancy and noticed the strange lag in startup
screens and the ready sound being out of synch, but this is minor.

Love the new look, its very cool. Also, I no longer have to worry about
being in 64bit hell. Even if a lot of folks swear 64bit is maturing,
there is no working 64bit driver for my Lexmark printer. So this problem
will now be fixed, finally. Still not sure if my filesystem is now ext4
or still ext3, any idea?

Regards

DRL