[ubuntu-za] Karmic 9.10 Install error

Dr. Johan P. Prinsloo biocura at telkomsa.net
Tue Nov 3 19:22:59 GMT 2009

Biocura wrote:
> I've run the upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 on two PC's and this is the third
> PC. I've had problems with everyone of these upgrades and I still have a
> another three PC's to go. This PC's upgrade has been repeating the
> following error non-stop since this morning:
>
> process 3357: arguments to dbus_move_error() were incorrect, assertion
> "(dest)=
> = NULL || !dbus_error_is_set ((dest))" failed in dbus-errors.c line 278.
> This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
>
> Any suggestions, or should I just be patient and leave it until tomorrow
> or whenever it finds a solution or bombs out by itself. This is the very
> final stages of the upgrade with some 8min remaining.

No worries the PC / installation crashed totally and completely, worse
than I've ever seen even with a Micro$oft Winblows install. I've never
had problems with Ubuntu installs or Ubuntu upgrades, but this has been
a nightmare. I'd rather wait a few weeks before running the upgrades on
my other PC's. Lesson learnt - never run an upgrade on the day or within
days of it's launch.