[ubuntu-za] HUAWEI E1690

Johan Mynhardt johanmynhardt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:10:12 GMT 2009

2009/11/2 William Gebers <wgebers at gmail.com>:
> Hi Johan.
>

> 2009/11/2 Johan Mynhardt <johanmynhardt at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Is there any person out there that used and got the Huawei E1690
>> working on Ubuntu?
>>
>> I have come across usb-modeswich but cannot get it working yet. Any
>> ideas from someone that worked with it previously?
>>

> Not sure if this is useful, but I am using a Novatel USB modem with Jaunty
> Netbook Remix.  I haven't had a chance to upgrade to Karmic yet.
>
> All I had to do was unmount the dummy CD Drive and then the modem was
> recognized by the Network Manager.
>
> I haven't found a work around for the mounting issue yet.
>
> Regards,
>
> William

Hi William,

This does not seem to help,

I noticed that it does not mount the drive but only show it as a
device, I tried unmounting it but then get the following error:

Error detaching: helper exited with exit code 1: sense buffer empty
Error SYNCHRONIZE CACHE for /dev/sdb: Success
sense buffer empty
Error STOP UNIT for /dev/sdb: No such file or directory

however /dev/sdb shows up in the system.

I am still struggling forward with usb modeswitch and got the device
recognized as a Huawei E6-something. Close but no cigar.

--

Johan Mynhardt - Free State Linux User Group

+2772 432 8108 |johanmynhardt[at]gmail.com
http://flug.org.za | http://nuvolari.co.za
irc.freenode.net (#ubuntu-za|#flug.org.za)