[ubuntu-za] Problem installing Ubuntu 9.10

Tim Johnson tim at pteq.net
Mon Nov 2 07:59:55 GMT 2009

Thanks Jason... I ran it successfully after downloading from the nvidia
site, but could only get 640x480 max res, so I've dropped back to 185.
There may well be issues as to why it doesn't work ( I didn't remove 185
before installation etc) but my time is/was limited to get it sorted out.
My problem in 185 is that using a Geforce 6100 card and a Samsung
SyncMaster 933, my max resolution of 1360 x 768 extends way off both edges
of the screen so I have to drop down to the second res (1165 x 768).  It's
OK, but I feel that I should be able to get the last little bit out of my
new monitor!

Cheers

Using Ubuntu 9.04 and Opera 10