[ubuntu-za] Graphs on website

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Fri May 29 12:38:19 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 18:22 +0200, Jan Groenewald wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 05:39:40PM +0200, Charl Wentzel wrote:
> > Is there a simple application that would dymanically create one of these
> > charts (in say a gif or jpg format) from a MySQL query that I can call
>
> python + matplotlib might be nice for this.
>
> Jan

Hi Jan

Thanks!  This also seems like an excellent choice!  JPgraphs is server
side (PHP) and JSgraphs is client side (JavaScript).  So now I need to
choose the best one for the applications.

The latter would actually be ideal for embedded devices with all the
processing happening on the browser.  Plus... by adding some dynamic
controls the graph can be modified by the viewer without any
communication with the server.

Charl