[ubuntu-za] Is Ubuntu Appcentre end of the road for FOSS?

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Tue May 26 21:18:59 BST 2009

Ludolph wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:06 PM, David Robert Lewis
> <ethnopunk at telkomsa.net> wrote:
>
>> http://indlovu.wordpress.com/
>>
>> --
> you even followed up on the sources of the article. Because I read
> through the article and it is spreading pure fear, uncertainty and
> doubt based on nothing!
>
> A much better link would have been:
>
> http://www.stefanoforenza.com/ubuntu-appstore-in-the-workings/
>
> This link is also a source in the article you posted. But one doesn't
> need to read the rants of a tinfoil hat loony to get to to it.

Ludolph you are entitled to your opinion. I picked up on the story on
softpedia and fudzilla and then followed up the original which appears
to be stefanoforenza. I believe my conclusions are valid and the issues
I rise are a topic for serious debate. I wanted to share my posting and
blog with the mailing list, and believe I am within my rights to do so.
If there were no "tinfoil hat loonies" as you put it, there would be no
crazy Linux users. This is why they call it Mad Tux. So I am honoured to
be called such names and feel entitled to express my opinions.

-D