[ubuntu-za] Johannesburg Ubuntu Package Jam

Stefan Lesicnik stefan at lsd.co.za
Wed May 20 13:33:27 BST 2009

Hey guys,

I would like to (again) plan to run an Ubuntu Package Jam.

Essentially, a Packaging Jam is an event that a LoCo team, LUG or other
group runs in which someone teaches a room of people how to get started in
Ubuntu Packaging.
Ideally, its the developer entry point into Ubuntu. Although you don't need
to be a developer!  Its more about detective work, applying patches, fixing
bugs etc.

The event will be planned for Johannesburg (since I am in Jhb, but we want
other to run other sessions around the country!)

You can read more about it here

http://wiki.ubuntu-za.org/PackagingJam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/RunningPackagingJam

It would prob run on a Saturday morning sometime during June...

Whats the interest like within Johannesburg?

Hope to finalise date and location ASAP

Stefan

--
Stefan Lesicnik