[ubuntu-za] Subliminal Message Software

Trevor Hughes linux at thewildfig.co.za
Wed May 13 14:15:21 BST 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM, LordFoom <lordfoom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just because it can be used for any purpose doesn't mean we have to
> assist people in pursuing those purposes.

Now I feel I have to make a comment here.

Since you do not know the terms under which the research will be
conducted you are just jumping to conclusions. The original poster
seems quite transparent in his intentions and one would think that if
he wanted to be misleading any one he could have worded his request
differently.

This list - I thought - was about helping with Ubuntu and not making
moral judgments particular when you have no facts.

So how about helping me then.....

I want to be able to flash subliminal messages to myself while I use a
computer - I am hoping to motivate myself and quit smoking. I have
found plenty of software to do this under Windows but not too much for
Linux and particularly Ubuntu.

I have found xsublim and some info how to get it working with Copiz
and GNome. Does any one here have any other suggestions or tips on
xsublim?

Trev