[ubuntu-za] Subliminal Message Software

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Wed May 13 12:06:04 BST 2009

Dr. Johan P. Prinsloo wrote:
> Does anyone know of linux software for the generation of subliminal
> messages. While many such software is available on the internet for
> Micro$oft I could not find any for linux.
>
> We are preparing for a research project on the efficacy of subliminal
> messages for improving productivity in the workplace and would like to
> be able to do so on ubuntu machines.
>
> Subliminal messages are messages that are flashed on a screen for a
> split-second, too briefly to be noticed by the naked eye, but intended
> to stimulate the reader nevertheless.
>
> Johan

This is highly unethical to say the least. Do you intend gaining some
form of informed consent for your medical experiment? I can refer to you
the relevant piece of legislation, which is part of the UN declaration
on Human Rights
http://law.jrank.org/pages/9112/Patients-Rights-Medical-Experimentation.html

-D