[ubuntu-za] automatic software updates

Russell Cloran russell at rucus.net
Wed May 13 10:56:45 BST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Charl Wentzel
<charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za> wrote:
> Could you use rsync or VCS to manage binaries?

Yes, you can. rsync should be pretty efficient.

You may also want to check out ipkg -- a lightweight packaging system
based on dpkg. I've seen it used on handhelds.org systems I used on
ipaq devices many years ago, and more recently OpenWRT (but there are
plenty other places where it's used).

As far as I can tell you should be able to bolt it on to an existing
operating system, though that may still be too much effort for your
purposes ;)

Russell
--
echo http://russell.rucus.net/spam/ |  sed 's,t/.*,t,;P;s,.*//,,;s,\.,@,;'