[ubuntu-za] Seagate support for Ubuntu

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Fri May 8 08:35:57 BST 2009

David Robert Lewis wrote:
> Sudhashen Naicker wrote:
>
>> Ultimate boot cd - linux based has the seagate tool on it - its just about 100mb.

I guess the right support answer would be -- sorry we don't have an
Ubuntu version of Seatools /yet/ but you can use Seatools for DOS on the
Ultimate Boot CD. Please boot up your machine, choose the diagnostics
option etc...

I booted up, found seatools and one error on my drive which the
application claims to have fixed. Nice error, it really f-cked my data,
also the drive was running hot and I am inclined to agree with Lee -
Seagate have become Maxtor.