[ubuntu-za] PCI Serial Adapter

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 11:29:22 GMT 2009

Hi Charl,

That the PCI id is not in the database :( http://pciids.sourceforge.net/

I'd expect that some kernel module will be needed. If there's a .ko file on
the CD you can try to insmod it.
According to http://wch.cn/bbs/View.asp?S=102&I=29694 it could be
parport_pc. So a simple "modprobe parport_pc" may work. Then lsmod to see if
it's in. Then run /usr/sbin/ch35x_80x86. Running it from the command line as
root is easier for debugging. (Perhaps -h will give more info??)

It could be that the first 2 serial ports are used (ttyS0 and ttyS1)

Regards
Nic