[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu/Edubuntu in SA Schools

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 08:36:51 GMT 2009

William Walter Kinghorn wrote:
> Hi Hilton,
Hi

I think schoolforge is better.
A lot of useful "software" is not really FLOSS these days.
Think of web 2.0 tech.

For the desktop, I am a KDE4 fan.
Whatever operating system, be it OS X, Windows or whatever distro
delivers the best KDE4 experience, the better.

KDE4 is our chance to crack the M$ nut.
KDE4 gives a chance to focus the desktop for all, developers and users.

See: http://www.ubuntu.sun.ac.za/wiki/index.php/KDE4

Ok now. Flame on ;-)

Cheers

hg.