[ubuntu-za] Website for FOSS in Schools

Hannes Coetzee scorpking at scorpking.za.org
Mon Mar 23 19:48:40 GMT 2009

Greetings everyone

A big thank you to everyone that added info to the school wiki page.
Another rather big problem is support. As someone mentioned to the wiki
page, if there are no support for schools this whole thing will fail.
I've seen a few school labs gather dust because there's no support. The
only way I see out of this one is a support website (maybe someone else
have another option that we can consider?). Should we decide to put up a
support website, then there will be more things to consider.

What will the site consist of and what info will go onto the website?
What CMS system will work best for such a site and will it be able to
handle future expansions?
What will be the easiest way to maintain the site?
What would schools possibly want to see on the site?
What would be the best way to organize support for schools in a central
location?

Please read the support section on
http://wiki.ubuntu-za.org/SchoolProject to see what has been covered so
far. Please share your ideas and experiences so we can decide on the
best support system for schools. It should be effective and easy for
schools to use and not put too much strain on anyone.

Regards
Hannes