[ubuntu-za] Free and Open Source Software in Schools

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Mon Mar 23 05:46:03 GMT 2009

Hi Sudhashen,

Thanks, awaiting for the letter

William
From: ubuntu-za-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com [ubuntu-za-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Sudhashen Naicker [sudhashen at ixion.co.za]
Sent: 22 March 2009 20:41
To: Ubuntu South African Local Community
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-za] Free and Open Source Software in Schools

Hannes Coetzee wrote:
>> Hi Hilton,
>>
>> As I have said in previous posts "So the problem is the Education Dept."
>>
>> Problem with going via the resourced and private schools, is that the Education dept tells them what to use/do. As these schools have to still write the Educational Dept's exams.
>>
>> I think that as a FOSS community we should start writing letters to the Main Education Dept, and all  the Education Depts of the provinces.
>>
>> We need to start doing this, I have already sent, to this list, what I think would be required for 2 possible pamphlets/flyers, so lets change it to reflect the community, then also start writing a letter, and signatures that will back up this letter.
>>
>> Hilton, as you already know some of the people that these letters need to go, can we possibly have a list of names and e-mail addresses.
>>
>> If I am going about this  the wrong way, please respond.
>>
>> William

Hi

OK - this is a start.  I'll draw up a letter from my side and send to you.

Maybe an idea here as well.  If we could contact all the LUG's across
the provinces and draw up letters that way too?  This could bring
together the community nationwide in a great way and also present a
united front.  It would also be a means of providing support across
provinces for all government schools.

Crazy?

Regards
Sudhashen