[ubuntu-za] Fonts

Chris Schoonbee cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za
Sat Mar 21 15:16:42 GMT 2009

Bill Cairns wrote:
> I don't understand how my fonts work and wonder if anyone can explain them ...
>
> When I start a new document under OO Writer, my default font is Arial
> - great - just what I want.
>
> But when I am sent a document in, say, Times New Roman from MS Word, I
> cannot change the font to Arial - Arial does not appear under the
> options in the pull-down font menu. In fact, if I paste a paragraph
> from the Word document into the middle of a document that I have
> written, I can't change the paragraph to Arial even though it is
> surrounded by Arial text to the top and bottom.
>
> I don't have this problem when running OO on Windows.
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

No, sorry I do not have an answer for you.  All I can say is that I do
not seem to have any problems changing the font of Word documents sent
to me.  I am using openoffice 2.4.1.  under Ubuntu 8.10. What version
are you using?

If you have an example problematic document that is not confidential,
you can email it to me and I will check whether I also have that problem.

Chris Schoonbee