[ubuntu-za] KDE help center - building search index - Kubuntu810-64

Alan Smih wrinklees at iburst.co.za
Fri Mar 20 16:47:11 GMT 2009

Hi All

Kubuntu 8.10-64. When I request "Build search Index" in the KDE Help Centre
the application manuals are not found. The build search index menu says that
the Application Manuals index is missing. I have checked, they are there -
/home/alan/.kde/share/apps/khelpcenter/index/kde_application_manuals.tmp/index.html.
The index.html refers only to those manuals in /kde4/ below, those manuals in
/kde/ are not included.

The manuals are in:
file:///usr/share/doc/kde4/HTML/en, and
file:///usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en
A quick glance tells me that the manuals in /kde4/ are different to those in
/kde

So I need the search system to identify manuals in both directories.

I have installed htdig. I have googled the problem but cannot find an answer
for this version of Kubuntu810-64.

Can anybody assist in solving this problem of building a search index.

Regards
Alan Smith