[ubuntu-za] (no subject)

Reenen Laurie rlaurie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:53:12 GMT 2009

Yes, VMware as far as I know is available for linux, but \"virtual
box\" is a free alternative, which also works for linux and windows.

IIRC the synaptic name is vbox, and it should be available through
your package manager.

You need a windows CD to install it onto the virtual box.  And also be
careful of installing your virtual box on a disk type that doesn\'t
support really large files (10gb +).

Regards,
-Reenen

On 3/18/09, Charl Wentzel <charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za> wrote:
Hi guys

> I\'m not familiar with virtualisation software in Linux.  I know that on
> a machine setup for dual booting a Windoze and a Linux partition; you
> can boot the Linux partition in Windoze as a virtual machine using
> VMware.
>
> Can I achieve the exact opposite in Linux, i.e. boot the Windoze
> partition in Linux as a virtual machine?  More precisely what software
> is available in Ubuntu to do that with.
>
> Regards
> Charl

o__