[ubuntu-za] Spread the word: *buntu discs in Joburg

Walter Leibbrandt walter+ubuntuza at translate.org.za
Mon Mar 16 11:00:15 GMT 2009

Hi,

I was contacted by someone in Johannesburg who found me via
http://wiki.ubuntu-za.org/Get_Ubuntu. Is there anyone on this list that
can help to provide Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xububtu, Edububtu, Ubuntu Studio
and Ubuntu extra's Remix discs (or a subset thereof)? Certainly we have
a few Joburgers among us. :)

I only have the versions listed on the "Get Ubuntu" page and avoiding
the Pretoria-Johannesburg divide is preferable.

And now for something completely different: He intends to install it on
some _old_ PCs he wants to donate to a charity. Which version would you
recommend for 333MHz, 400MHz and 700MHz PCs?

Thanks in advance,

--
Walter Leibbrandt                  http://translate.org.za/blogs/walter
Software Developer                                  +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blogs:
* Firefox-style button with a pop-up menu
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/walter/en/content/firefox-style-button-pop-menu
* Virtaal's MVCisation
* Things that changed the way I code