[ubuntu-za] Intrepid Heron - Hardy Ibex

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Sun Mar 15 22:23:28 GMT 2009

David Robert Lewis wrote:

> No luck, the xorg is now broken - my mouse and keyboard not registering.
> Did a dpkg and there are broken packages that need to be fixed and the
> only repos are canonical (international bandwidth). Is there some way to
> force dpkg to seek the local repos?

You will have to find the actual local repos, and put them in manually.
   I would disable GDM and see what you can do from the cli to get the
packages back.  Jump into /etc/apt with nano and clean up sources.list
to start.  If you have a LiveCD or other working system, you can use the
GUI "Software Sources" to "select Server" and choose other to find the
closest.  The other commands you may need are "sudo apt-get update"
"sudo apt-get upgrade" and "sudo dpkg --configure -a" to fix broken
packages.

			Lee