[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Service and assistance

Sudhashen Naicker sudhashen at ixion.co.za
Fri Mar 13 09:08:08 GMT 2009

Hi

I haven't worked with canon printers so won't be able to help you
there.  According to openprinting, the printer should print
http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-LBP-1120.
This does involve editing files etc and I'm not sure how comfortable you
are about that.

As far as the movie problem is concerned goto your menu, System,
Administration, and click on Synaptic Package manager.  You will need to
put in your password to get in.  Then search for
"ubuntu-restricted-extras".  Install this when you find it.  Also I have
found that using the program VLC gave me least hassles when playing
movies, dvd's etc.  But that is a matter of preference - some like to
use mplayer.  Both these can be found in the package manager as well.

The freenode question has been answered I believe :-)

Kind Regards

Sudhashen Naicker