[ubuntu-za] Schools subjects

Frank Kusel frankk at ansys.co.za
Thu Mar 12 13:28:55 GMT 2009

Johan Mynhardt wrote:
> I know that it's some weird bunch of titles for simple stuff.
> Poor kids have to study harder at memorising the subject name than the subject.
>
> I'll see what I can find out about the current curriculum.
>
> William Walter Kinghorn wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> What are the subjects being taught at schools now days.
>>
>> Can you give a subject name and a description.
>>
>> I left school a long time ago.
>>
>> This is to add to http://wiki.ubuntu-za.org/Free_and_Open_Source_Software_in_Schools
>>
>> William
>>

>> "This e-mail is subject to our Disclaimer, to view click http://www.dut.ac.za"

OK, here go a few (unfortunately some are in Afrikaans, as my kids are
in Afrikaans schools :-)

Languages
LO "Lewensorientering" - Life Skills
NW - "Natuurwetenskappe" - Natural Sciences (Physics, Chemistry)
Biology
Mathematics (Real Maths or "Wiskundige Geletterdheid" - which is just
basics)
SW  "Sosiale Wetenskappe" - Social Sciences (Geography, History)
MBK "Menslike Beweegkunde" - The old Physical Training (This is for
Primary school)

--
Frank Küsel
ANSYS Limited

This message (and attachments) subject to restrictions and a disclaimer.
Please refer to http://www.ansys.co.za/index.html or geninfo at ansys.co.za
for full details.