[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Service and assistance

Dr. Johan P. Prinsloo biocura at telkomsa.net
Wed Mar 11 20:34:02 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I'm absolutely new to this mailing list and I'm so glad to have learned
of it's existence.

I'm a very blessed man in that I had a brilliant brother who guided me
towards linux and I've been using Ubuntu since version 5.10 and running
it exclusively since 6.06. Unfortunately my brother passed away suddenly
end of September at the young age of 52.

My problem is this. I never used to have any problems, because whenever
I needed to do anything on a PC, I just picked up the phone and called
Piet. Now that he is gone, I'm somewhat bugg'rd to put it mildly,
because who do I call, mail, Skype or run to now?

The Ubuntu forums are nice, but not always what one wants. Being new to
this particular SA mailing list, I'd like to know if this is a place
where one could ask for such advice or help or assistance or is this
intended mainly for developers and experts?
 Otherwise, do any of you know of someone that knows his/her stuff with
Ubuntu or Linux in the Pretoria area that renders a kind of support or
help service that I can get hold of?

Regards.

Johan