[ubuntu-za] Software Freedom Day 2009 in Pretoria!

Karl Fischer kmf at fischer.org.za
Tue Jun 30 14:40:00 BST 2009

Hi there Freedom Loving People !!!

It's that time of the year all ready :)

Well 80 Days to go till Software Freedom Day :)

I'm so fired up for this one!

Firstly we are going to have a Celebration in Pretoria and
BUT you are more than welcome to start one where you are based!!!

So what info can I give you so far ?
The Venue : DST, Building 53, CSIR Campus, Pretoria!
The Date : 19  September 2009
The Time probably 9:30 till 15:00
The Why : Software Freedom Day, Baby!

What do we have planned ?
CodeJam:
Walter Leibrandt, international man of mystery and all round nice
guy will lead this since he wants to get fingers into some code,
More info will follow from Walter!

DLS : Distro Love Station
A place where people can and demo their favorite Distributions and why
the love them!
I need volunteers to talk about their Distro's

The FOF-Boerewors-Curtain!
Holy Moly! Frets-on-Fire ... fretsonfire.sf.net  (Think GuitarHero but
Open Source!)
We have been testing this internally and this thing blew my socks of
(thanks Tax Payers for the R&D Cash)
I have organized a DJ that will host this for us a Mega Display will L33t Sound!
He is also a Samro / Sampro affiliate so we are totally legal on the Music!
(So you can sleep tonight)

We have the Auditorium :)
So Talks can take place!

This is some of the stuff!
I think this could the best one ever!

Here's our wiki page : http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/pretoria
and we are a registered Software Freedom Day event so hopefully we'll
get freebies!

Remember share the Love and give someone a Hug!
Karl
PS. this is the reason I'm so quiet lately
:http://www.flickr.com/photos/kmfischer/3623870819/