[ubuntu-za] Eclipse 3.3/3.4 + CDT

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Thu Jun 11 00:11:45 BST 2009

Charl Wentzel wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I see Ubuntu 9.04 repos only contain Eclipse 3.2.  It seems you need to
> get the new version directly from www.eclipse.org.
>
> Does anybody have Eclipse 3.3 or Eclipse 3.4 with CDT running on 9.04?
> I want to upgrade but would like to know if anybody has already done it
> and whether its worthwhile.
>
> Anybody knows why only 3.2 is in the repos?

Start by looking at the current roadmap.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseSchedule For Karmic, look at the Debian
Import Freeze on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebianImportFreeze June 25th
and the Feature Freeze https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeatureFreeze On August
27th.  If it is an imported Debian package, the current version on June
25th will be it.  If it is a Ubuntu package, the version on August 27th
is it.  You can do minor revs for bug fix, but major version changes are
locked on those dates.  And yes, that is well before release.  And it
really sucks if a package is broken, like BOCHs BIOS for Gutsy, or
Kompozer for Intrepid.

			Lee