[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 9/04 install - resize partition option missing

Trevor Hughes linux at thewildfig.co.za
Thu Jun 4 20:52:39 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Lloyd Reijers <lloyd.reijers at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, It hasn't been removed: I did this the other night on a friend's
> computer.

Thanks for confirming the option should still be there!

> Something else is different in your circumstance, but it's not 9.04 related.

It sure is!!!! I ran gparted and tried to do the manual resize and was
politely informed the disk has bad sectors and I need to run chkdsk /F
/R that took quite a while and found numerous bad sectors. I am now
baking up the partition with ntfsclone and then I guess it is off to
the shop to get  a new harddrive.

Thanks

Trev