[ubuntu-za] CAN A VODAPONE 3G K3565 USB STICK BE USED WITH 8.04.02?

Robert Holm robhholm at lantic.net
Mon Jul 27 18:46:16 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 16:34 +0200, Vincent wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased a Vodapone K3565 3G
> stick which obviously work just fine in XP, I'm running a dual boot
> system together with 8.04.02.
> I can't get the K3565 to work in Ubuntu & on doing a google I have come
> across a few posts where they say that 8.04 does not support broadband.
> Is this correct or is there a way around this?

Vincent,

I don't know whether it has any significance for your stick, but for
interest sake I plugged my 3G cellphone into the usb port and
immediately got this message:

"This assistant will guide you through setting up a new mobile broadband
connection. The connection can be established using a mobile phone or a
dedicated data modem."

This appears to new in 9.04

Robert