[ubuntu-za] CAN A VODAPONE 3G K3565 USB STICK BE USED WITH 8.04.02?

Robert Holm robhholm at lantic.net
Mon Jul 27 15:58:43 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 16:34 +0200, Vincent wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased a Vodapone K3565 3G
> stick which obviously work just fine in XP, I'm running a dual boot
> system together with 8.04.02.
> I can't get the K3565 to work in Ubuntu & on doing a google I have come
> across a few posts where they say that 8.04 does not support broadband.
> Is this correct or is there a way around this?
> I was hoping to stay with 8.04 until the next LTS version came out,
> however if moving up to 9.04 will solve my problem, then so be it & if
> so, where can I get a copy of 9.04 in the Port Elizabeth area?
> Any help or advice would be appreciated.
> Vincent

Hi Vincent

I can't help with your problem, but if you decide to go with 9.04 I can
let you have a copy of the Alpha 6 alternate cd, and I also have the
complete archive of all the subsequent updates. As this archive also
contains all the additional packages I have installed or tried it totals
984MB and so would require two additional Cd's.

I am in Fernglen.

Robert