[ubuntu-za] CAN A VODAPONE 3G K3565 USB STICK BE USED WITH 8.04.02?

Vincent bullet at ballmail.co.za
Mon Jul 27 15:34:48 BST 2009

I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased a Vodapone K3565 3G
stick which obviously work just fine in XP, I'm running a dual boot
system together with 8.04.02.
I can't get the K3565 to work in Ubuntu & on doing a google I have come
across a few posts where they say that 8.04 does not support broadband.
Is this correct or is there a way around this?
I was hoping to stay with 8.04 until the next LTS version came out,
however if moving up to 9.04 will solve my problem, then so be it & if
so, where can I get a copy of 9.04 in the Port Elizabeth area?
Vincent