[ubuntu-za] Introduction to C programming in Ubuntu

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Mon Jul 27 10:17:31 BST 2009

Hi Guys

This is still on!!

It will happen this Saturday (1 August) at the same location as the
package jam.  You'll find all the details on the Wiki:

http://wiki.ubuntu-za.org/Introduction_to_C_programming_in_Ubuntu

If you plan on coming, please add your name to the list at the bottom of
the wiki.

There's already a brief list of the packages we'll be needing for the
session.  I'll update the details on the packages during the course of
the week... but before Friday.  So those planning on installing it up
front can do so.

Obviously it would be better for you if you bring your own machine, but
if you don't want to bring your desktop/laptop, there will be machines
available there.

Note that this is NOT a course on how to program in C++!!  I won't be
teaching you how to program in C, but rather HOW YOU CAN DO C IN LINUX.
However, we won't do complex C stuff, mostly "hello world".  So if your
C is rusty or would like to learn C, this will still be great as you'll
get all the tools you need to start learning!

One or two additional expert hands would be nice.  So if you have good
experience and you're willing to sacrifice a Saturday to help out, that
would be nice!

I'll see you there!

Charl