[ubuntu-za] moving thunderbird linux to windows

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Wed Jul 15 14:00:31 BST 2009

Craig A. Adams wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> You will probably find that the problem boils down to the profile.ini
> file.
>
> You must make sure that your profile.ini in Windows points to the
> correct location.
>
> The profile.ini on GNU/Linux uses Unix &/or relative paths eg
> "/home/username/.mozilla-thunderbird/xxxxxxxx.default". On Windows you
> need to enter the full Windows path to the profile folder eg "C:
> \Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles
> \xxxxxxxx.default" whilst making sure that "IsRelative=0".
>
> So, if you copied the profile from GNU/Linux to Windows and overwrote
> the profile.ini file, you will need to fix it on Windows in order for it
> to work. Once your profile.ini is correct, all you need to do is sync
> the actual profile directory.
>
> Kindest Regards
>
> Craig A. Adams

That sounds almost like I have it, basically I just copy my Thunderbird
folders in windows under documents and settings to make a backup,
its in
Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Thunderbird
and
Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Thunderbird

With those two folders copied even my passwords still work