[ubuntu-za] php sendmail

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Wed Jul 15 10:25:08 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 09:24 +0200, David Rubin wrote:

> What does a Webserver have  to do with a mail-transport? Maybe they
> have installed Webserver but not set up a mail-transport?

My development environment is a Jaunty Desktop.  So no mail transport
setup unless I do it.

The target environment is an embedded device.  It has nothing unless I
compile and install it myself.

> I have always used a nice wrapper class for sending emails in which
> you can spesifiy an external mail server (For small simple things
> makes configuration much easier).
>
> http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/file/919.html
>
> This ins't the best way of sending out many emails but does the job
> for a few emails, with out having to have a mail transport set up and
> installed.

This looks like a good alternative solution. Thanks!  Definitely easier
to work with.  I'll let you know if it works for my target environment.

Charl