[ubuntu-za] php sendmail

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Wed Jul 15 08:15:26 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 08:15 +0200, Raoul Snyman wrote:
> Are you trying to use your own computer to send an e-mail, or are you
> trying to send an e-mail from a web server?

Thanks Raoul.  I would like to send it from the webserver, but I'm using
my PC as the webserver during development.  So not mail transport is
setup.

In the actual implementation the device (webserver) will be connected to
the customer's LAN and will have to use their mail server.  So my device
will NOT be a mail server as well.  Hence I'm looking for a simple means
for PHP to send an e-mail to a mail server "out there somewhere".

> If the latter, <?php mail("you at yourdomain.com", "I am the walrus", "goob,
> goob, gachoob", "From: me at mydomain.com"); ?>

Yeah thanks, but this was the easy part.  My problem is giving PHP to
send the mail with.

Regards
Charl