[ubuntu-za] Google Chrome OS

David Robert Lewis ethnopunk at telkomsa.net
Fri Jul 10 09:52:58 BST 2009

 From what I hear, sounds like they want to bury the PC, destroy
Microsoft and make every other OS meaningless. I think this is way to
aggressive and not good for Ubuntu.

Ubuntu will prevail in the long run. We have a better metaphor than Google.

Some people will choose Android because they want to become machines.
Others will choose Ubuntu because they want machines to become more
human. You can't have it both ways. Or maybe you can, but at what price?

I used bandy this quote around quite a lot in the nineties, maybe the
MOTU picked it up,
"The problem with computers is, there is not enough Africa in them" --
Brian Eno.

Ubuntu puts Africa in the computer. This is why Ubuntu is cool.

Some people will want to put Google in the machine and it will become
just another desktop option for Linux.

My two cents

-D

--