[ubuntu-za] ZoneMinder

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Tue Jul 7 10:58:53 BST 2009

we had camera's installed recently and i tested with the zoneminder
distro though i just got a blank screen, the cards are some Phillips
chipset, which are apparently known for problems on Linux.

The best option you have should be to do some more research, arrange to
return the card if it does not work and ask your supplier whether it's
Linux compatible or not.

I asked the rep for our system for Linux compatible cards, but
apparently it is more expensive.

I have not tried Ubuntu, on these cards yet also I have not tried more
than just the initial test, so probably with some blood sweat and a lot
of luck one could get it to work