[ubuntu-za] Tracker Applet

Bruno Marques bruno at tropical.co.mz
Mon Jul 6 23:17:56 BST 2009

William Walter Kinghorn wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> You possibly have a problem with the Tracker app
>
> Open Synaptic, look for the Tracker and tracker-search-tool apps, see if they are installed
>
> If they are installed, try un-installing them, and then see what happens
>
> Either you installed Tracker or tracker-search-tool, or some other app that you installed required it as a dependancy
>
> William
>
> "This e-mail is subject to our Disclaimer, to view click http://www.dut.ac.za"

well, i've uninstalled and installed it again, and it still give me the
same error.

i really only use this a few times, maybe its best if i let it
uninstaled as Lee Sharp sugested.

but, is there any other application that does a similar job as the
tracker does?

in windows, i knew a really good program that saved me a lot of time in
searching for files, called Ava Find. is there a similar program for
linux? diferent than the tracker?

best regards

Bruno Marques