[ubuntu-za] Kubuntu810-screen probs-SiS chipset

Hannes Coetzee scorpking at scorpking.za.org
Tue Jan 27 19:47:02 GMT 2009

Hi Alan

The screen will flicker when it's using the wrong the refresh rate. Use
a modeline generator and see if you can force it to use the correct
refresh rates.
These might help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFree86_Modeline
http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl
http://www.google.com/search?q=modeline+generator+for+x&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I've also got this in my notes -
"To get desired /etc/X11/xorg.conf one can modify the /usr/bin/dexconf.
This script generates xorg.conf automatically in liveCD session
according to the booted machine."

Hope you get it fixed.

Regards
Hannes