[ubuntu-za] Post intrepid 'no sound' problem - ALSA, PulseAudio, & drivers

Hannes Coetzee scorpking at scorpking.za.org
Sat Jan 17 05:52:40 GMT 2009

Hi Péter

I've noticed on some of my boxes that the GUI apps for ALSA does not
always work properly. Run alsamixer from the terminal and see if
anything is on mute. If all else fail you can always compile a driver
for your card and it's really not that difficult. Just make sure you
check what version of ALSA you have installed and download only the
source for that version. Trying to compile later versions can be a
nightmare. Everything you need to know can be found on the sound trouble
shoot page you looked at.

Regards
Hannes