[ubuntu-za] Post intrepid 'no sound' problem - ALSA, PulseAudio, & drivers

CM Schoonbee cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za
Wed Jan 14 13:38:28 GMT 2009

Hi Peter,

So your system also needs Surround to be unmuted like mine.  What
machine do you have out of interest?

Both the Master and Surround volume controls should still affect the
volume of sound - it seems like the settings on each are multiplied
together to give the final volume.  Again, try from a default install if
all else fails and if you are curious enough.

Glad you came right (or at least seem to be getting there)
Chris