[ubuntu-za] Post intrepid 'no sound' problem - ALSA, PulseAudio, & drivers

Walter Leibbrandt walter+ubuntuza at translate.org.za
Wed Jan 14 12:22:48 GMT 2009

Hi,

I had a similar problem and later figured out that, for some odd reason,
only the headphone jack on the sound card would produce any sound. I'm
still unable to use the speaker jack.

Having said that, I'm not sure it would work for you, seeing as I have a
different (on-board) sound card and the problem seems to be
driver-specific. Just thought I'd put it out there as a possibility.

Greets,

Walter

--
Walter Leibbrandt                  http://translate.org.za/blogs/walter
Software Developer                                  +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blogs:
* Virtaal's MVCisation
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/walter/en/content/virtaals-mvcisation
* Things that changed the way I code