[ubuntu-za] Lost configuration file

Walter Leibbrandt walter+ubuntuza at translate.org.za
Wed Jan 14 08:22:40 GMT 2009

David Rubin wrote:
> There are 2 files
> /etc/gnome/defaults.list  --System wide all users configuration
> ~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list  -- For the user over ridden
> defaults.

Hi,

Wow! This thread had me digging through gconf, ~/.config/ and ~/.gnome*
looking for this. Thanks, David!

I have to add that looking at the contents of my
~/.local/share/applications/, it seems that the mimeapps.list contains
my "custom" associations (those selected from a file's right-click menu)
and defaults.list contains application-changed associations (all but one
entry is for Google Earth) that I didn't change myself.

Very interesting, but annoying at the same time: all these configuration
paradigms are simply unnecessary. But that's a rant for a different
thread. :)

Greetings,

Walter

--
Walter Leibbrandt                  http://translate.org.za/blogs/walter
Software Developer                                  +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blogs:
* Virtaal's MVCisation
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/walter/en/content/virtaals-mvcisation
* Things that changed the way I code