[ubuntu-za] Jaunty Release Party Time!

Piet Beukes zabear1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 08:52:27 GMT 2009

Hi Morgan,
thanx - it's good that everyone starts thinking about this -

Where to start?
We have the date: around 23 April

*   Lets decide to name a few places where there is a good likelihood of
organising a launch party, e.g. Cape Town, Joburg, Pretoria, - where else?
PE, KZN?

*   And lets see who can organise it in those centres.  Add voices here.

I think Karl F in Pretoria will be tied up with the coming of the twins -
but perhaps he will still be available (Karl, are you reading this?) - but
there's a number of people in Pretoria who would be interested.

A nice Place in Pretoria could be the Irene Mall, on the top floor of
Bugatis - it could be both open and yet private enough to get a community
feel - and parking can be free if everyone parks on the open parking just on
the Van Ryneveld side of the fence (still inside the Mall grounds - so it is
safe!!!).  it need not be there, though - any other ideas?

Who will start it in Joburg? and where? - again at the school?   Is Jonathan
C back?
Morgan, will you organise it in the Cape Town area?

*    Perhaps it will be good to decide on what will happen at the launch
parties

 - someone who could talk on a nice topic should draw others who could be
interested but have not tried Ubuntu yet - I think something sweet and
simple (KISS) should be best - organising the desktop etc - something about
music on Ubuntu with some demos, installing the latest copy - (I hope
someone will be willing to assist me with KDE 4.2 - in Pretoria).

That's my two cents worth
Rusty