[ubuntu-za] Hout Bay Ahoy

Denham Coote denhamcoote at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:48:50 GMT 2009

I've used AptOnCD before - it's nice if you want an easy way of making a
backup of your existing repo, without having to mess around in
/var/cache/apt too much.

Personally, I used to just keep a copy of that entire folder, and dump the
file back in if I ever reloaded.  Being in the UK now I no longer do, but
then I'm no longer restricted to the bandwidth confines of SA.

Do yourself a favour and just keep an updated copy of your archives
somewhere safe - even if you're not installing/reloading anything soon, the
1-5gb you set aside may well save someone else the trouble of killing their
cap on updates :)

D.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Simon Richards <richardssr at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM, David Mark Bodmer <david.bodmer at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello ubuntu za community.
>> I am looking for somebody who lives in the precious little valley of Hout
>> Bay, who could possibly support me with an uptodate(ish) repo
>>

> Hi David,
>
> I haven't tried this (yet) but it looks promising for what you require
>
> http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow - It merely saps the strength of
today.