[ubuntu-za] Query

Gavin netmatters at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:59:03 GMT 2009

2009/2/23 Daniel Auger <elastoplast07 at gmail.com>

> Hi I am new to Linux and Ubuntu. I have partitioned my drive so I can
> install both Linux and Windows. I have installed both, however, when I start
> my computer in automatically loads Linux, how do I create the option of
> logging into windows.
> Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Once you have booted into Ubuntu you may need to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst to
change the boot OS order and time settings.

The default boot option is normally fine with Ubuntu as the default and
Windoze if you scroll down and select.

By editing /boot/grub/menu.lst you can change Grub's (boot loader) behaviour
to suit your needs.

Check here for more info:-

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GrubHowto

Hope this helps!