[ubuntu-za] SARS EFiling

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:22:15 GMT 2009

2009/2/6 Jonathan Hitchcock <jonathan at vhata.net>

> Hi,
>
> On 06 Feb 2009, at 12:52 PM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> > I am having problems filing my tax return using eFiling.
> >
> > I have Opera 9.62 and Adobe Reader 8.13
> >
> > Filling in the forms is no problem, but when trying to "Save Online"
> > or
> > "File" I get an error message
> > "Cannot handle content type: text/html; charset=utf-8"
> >
> > Any advice please?  (Yesterday was the cutoff date!)
>
> You have to use the Adobe plugin in your browser.  If you install the
> acroread-plugins, it will give you the plugin for firefox - I have no
> idea about Opera.
>
> You can't use the standalone Adobe Reader - it uses the browser's
> login session to submit the form, it seems.

yip, I had the same problem.

although I retyped everything on my hardy box were everything worked last
year. then I also came to the conclusion that you have to use the browser
plugin.
I think you can just install the mozilla-acroread package.
Try to open it, the pdf viewer should get embedded into the browser. Try to
save a couple of values before retyping the whole thing again just to
realise you cant save.

regards
marius