[ubuntu-za] Fwd: Media Player Closing

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 6 08:47:29 GMT 2009

>>> [00000412] main access error: no access module matched "dvd"
>>> [00000408] main input error: open of `dvd:///dev/dvd' failed: could
> not
>>> create access: no access module matched "dvd"

Looks like it can't access the vlc module to play DVDs, not the actual
drive. I agree with William's advice below - vlc needs libdvdcss2.

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 09:29, William Kinghorn <williamk at dut.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> You might need to install libdvdcss2 first
>
> from the medibuntu.org site :
> http://packages.medibuntu.org/intrepid/libdvdcss2.html
> Simple foundation for reading DVDs - runtime libraries
> To allow applications to access some of the more advanced features of
> the DVD format.
>
> here is the link to the deb file for intrepid
> http://packages.medibuntu.org/pool/free/libd/libdvdcss/libdvdcss2_1.2.10-0.2medibuntu1_i386.deb

If you download this in firefox, just double click on it and the gdebi
installer should install it for you. Otherwise, if you want the other
medibuntu packages like Skype, Google Earth, Acrobat Reader, and
w32codecs for watching windows-format videos, add the repository as
described on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu.

> it is only 36812 Bytes
>
> William

Regards